SDX Respiratory Gating System
The SDX® System’s unique ability to pair a patient’s inspiration rate and lung volume measurement with clear visual biofeedback makes it possible to maximize the stability of internal organs and the tumor treatment zone. This allows for an increased dose to the tumor with decreased toxicity to vital organs. SDX® is a spirometry based system for managing thoracic and abdominal tumor motion during imaging and radiation therapy.
SDX® can be used for both voluntary breath hold and free breathing techniques for :
- Reducing tumor motion during imaging and treatment
- Enhancing tumor imaging and visualization
- Reducing treatment margins
- Increasing dose with decreased toxicity to vital organs
- Repositioning vital organs out of the high dose region